Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dark Wings - Poem

Dark Wings

You are the wings that come from my back
The smooth tendrils that are the psyche
Unraveling around me
You are in my thoughts

You are in the wind that ruffles my feathers
The faint summer breeze that wraps around
Traveling as fingers might
You are all of me

You are the Dark that surrounds me, the Dark within me
The cool, sweet kiss on my cheek
The breath that steals mine away
You are the touch on my skin

You are the flexing, pulsating warmth in my chest
The heart that beats only in the cold
The blood that spills on the ground
You are my newfound humanity

You are the wings that come from my back
The wrapping warmth around me
The smell of musk, of night-time
You are the stars above me.
You are my Dark Wings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home